The Center for Academic Planning 和 支持(帽) is a multi-service center designed to support students with their academic needs. CAPS services are free of charge to students enrolled in credit-bearing courses.
Community members may access the Center 和 its services through the purchase of a Community Access Card.
The Center for Academic Planning 和 支持(帽) is dedicated to promoting a responsive learning environment that fosters personal growth, 学术成就, 和 life-long learning within a global community.
CAPS will empower students to accomplish their educational 和 career goals by offering comprehensive services that are accessible, 创新, 和包容的.
The goal of academic advising is to assist students in creating academic plans that will help them achieve their educational goals with timely 和 financial efficiency.
- 位置的评估, CLEP, 和 other assessments
- Academic 和 转移 建议 for all new, non-matriculated, 和 Liberal Arts students
- Open computer lab with software used by most courses
- Tables 和 quiet rooms for study
- 辅导 in a variety of formats
- Academic coaching to help support learning, organization, time 和 life management
- 职业中心 to guide you towards a pathway or help you with resumes 和 cover letters
- Make-up, alternative, 和 accommodated testing services
- 研讨会 和 Canvas (Learning Management System) resources
学术顾问 is a process in which the student 和 the advisor work collaboratively to set individual objectives for the student’s college experience. Whether the goal is to earn a degree or certificate, transfer to another institution, or just take a few classes, the advisor will assist in developing a plan to achieve that goal.
Our professional Academic Advisors in CAPS meet with all new, non-matriculated, 和 returning Liberal Arts students. Connect with the Academic Advisor who best meets your goals.
- Students majoring in Pre-Veterinary Technology or Technical Studies meet with Maggie Duffy-Durkin.
- Students looking to transfer to another college after GBCC meet with Maggie Duffy-Durkin.
- Students majoring in Pre-Surgical Technology meet with Maggie Duffy-Durkin.
- Students who’ve decided to enter into a Conditional Participation Agreement (CPA) after Academic Suspension are required to meet with 艾米Darrigo-Doyle.
- English Language Learners (ELL) or International Students will meet with Siri。杜蒙.
- Students with a disability can meet with Am和a Voce or another of the other advisors.
- Students of any major needing to complete a Satisfactory Academic Progress for 金融援助 Appeal (SAPFA Appeal) can meet with 艾米Darrigo-Doyle, 詹娜阿南德, or any of the above advisors.
Great Bay Community College has specialized experts to address the many complexities of a student’s situation. Connect with the Academic Coach who best meets your needs:
- Students with Disabilities may connect with Am和a Voce.
- 大学/ l形的 和 International Students 应该与…相连 Siri。杜蒙.
- Adult Learners needing support transitioning to college can connect with 克里希墙.
- Single Parents 和/or Pell Eligible Students may connect with 克里斯汀Altamar.
- Students with an Academic Alert 应该与…相连 艾米Darrigo-Doyle.
- Students on Academic Probation or suspended 金融援助 can connect with 詹娜阿南德 or any of the Academic Coaches above.
Student clubs 和 organizations